Sunday, March 15, 2015

Text book review

I was interested that our current texts....which few of us are using (Envision) are not even included in this report. I am currently using Engage NY, and would have been interested in how it fared.

I was disappointed that the My Math, (Singapore Math) did not do a better job, nor did the STEM focused one pass muster. Clearly that was the case, but I was just hoping they would. Since what I am familiar with was not there, I read through many of the others, not having much means to judge them by, through personal experience. Thankfully, one seemed to be acceptable to the committee making the judgement: Eureka Math. So, now my attention is turned into that direction, although I think the decision for us was made a few months ago on the local district level.

Does anyone have experience with Eureka Math? Please speak up if you do and perhaps bring something with you to class so we can look it over?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.