Tuesday, March 17, 2015
MATH=LOVE
I found this article to be very eye opening for me, I can see that she might a bit more time to plan these types of lesson for her students. The ideas and the preparation that she has done for these lesson are very inspiring and made me look at some of the things that I have done with my class in order for them to understand math in a different light. I am pretty lucky to have a principal that gives me the freedom to teach what I want , and how I want to teach it, but I still need to make sure that I am preparing them for the assessments that the district is making the students take. So I am somewhat obligated to make sure that I am "Teaching to the Test". But reading this article has made me realize that I need to rethink my approach to teaching math and not get bogged down about a district assessment. I like the fact that she lets her students take the test over again, and that she does not move on until all of her students get the math lesson. We are so stuck on following the pacing plan that we forget that we need to make sure the students are learning the topic and having fun doing so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.