The article that features Sarah Hagan is, as Charlene Gray mentions, inspiring. I was interested in knowing how in the world she is able to create a set of curriculum without a textbook. Her school really does seem to allow her a great deal of freedom! That shows that they trust her ability as a teacher. (I just hope that they compensate her more for her efforts).
I really liked the idea of the notebooks. They looked very colorful and involved. Ive tried using a simpler version of that in my classroom, but after a while, some students lose them or we just don't have the time to use them in our classroom. In addition, I noticed that my fourth graders were a bit sloppy with them which made them unattractive even to the student that created them. That is my issue though. I need to make it a habit by making sure that I allow time to be able to work on them. If only I had the power to stretch time. (Dr. Lutz, is there a formula to do that?)
All in all, this article made me appreciate the craft of teaching so much more!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.