Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Meaning to Mathematics




I enjoyed reading this article!  It helps me further understand how to incorporate STEM and use the engineering design process to make math accessible to all students.. During engineering challenges students build on prior, current, and future math content while engaging in engineering design challenges.  The classes we've taken as a cohort have taught us how to use the engineering process, STEM, and project-based learning to engage and motivate students to learn and meet the rigorous demands of the CCSS.  Students begin to think critically, collaborate, and communicate effectively while working on projects that are designed using the engineering design process. 


After reading research on PBL and STEM and designing STEM and PBL lessons I strongly feel that students are able to gain conceptual understanding and are completely engaged during lessons of this sort.  I wish I had learned in this manner!  Additionally, I feel that students will go into more STEM fields if they are being taught with STEM lessons throughout elementary, middle, and high school.  I want to become better at creating lessons such as this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.