Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Math Text Review

At my school we do a combination of math resources, we use Envision math and NYS engage New York curriculum too. I also would like to have seen both of these math resources reviewed. Don't get me wrong , I like both of these resources but if they are not aligned enough with CCSS then why do our districts continue to buy in on the hype that these instructional programs work. I want to know how these books were pitched to the textbook committees  and why did they choose these resources opposed to the others available.

I also looked at Go Math and was quiet surprised that it scored very low in all of the areas that we as educator would hope would be appropriate for our student learning.

I would like to talk about this a little more in class and see if we can find more textbooks out there that would be aligned to CCSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.