Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Love Math

Wow, I was truly inspired the amount of money, time, and energy she invested into her classroom.  I struggle with choosing the right supplemental material and exactly what is important to teach out of the 12 sections of a particular chapter and she created her own curriculum.  I do some of the things she does in an attempt to develop a community of learners in which all students feel safe and know that their opinions are valued.  Like Victoria, my students are my number one priority and it is my job to make decisions that will benefit each of my students.  I often find myself skipping sections that either seem redundant or content that my students aren't quite ready for.  Therefore, I may skip around the book and then come back to a particular section I skipped when students are more equipped to understand the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.