In the Lemonade Problems, I see students really working to understand and communicate their understanding. Also I see is a class who otherwise teachers would be pushing through doing an algorithm, but who really need to work it in order to understand what is happening. I have experienced lessons like constantly while working a constructivist school, and I lead lessons somewhat like this, but this teacher really, really stuck to it!
I notice she is not familiar with the students, so I guess this is a special group for her to demonstrate with, and not a regular class. She is doing what few teachers with an agenda do, spend time on understanding. I have a great Meyer lemon tree laden with fruit and am working up a lesson for my own class and their needs using those lemons!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.